Dear colleagues, neighbors, and friends:
Supporting a cause, donating, or volunteering our time often serves as an extension of our passions, beliefs, interests, and desires.
In my short tenure with United Way of East Central Iowa, I have heard countless personal stories from those on the giving and receiving end. Through my personal experiences, I have grown my appreciation and understanding of the need and impact of giving within the United Way framework.
Little did I know that by giving to United Way, I would be positively affecting a family member, a friend, and a neighbor. This year as I filled out my pledge form, I could see the faces of those in my life that benefit from the simple act of sharing my passion, desire, and interest in helping make a difference. Maybe you also know someone who needs some assistance through a difficult time or has been struggling to make ends meet.
As you reflect on all you are thankful for during this season of giving, remember that even the smallest of gifts make a difference for families in need. Whether you make a charitable donation or volunteer your time this year, thank you for supporting United Way of East Central Iowa.
Happy holidays to you and yours,
Vice President of Resource Development
Give a Gift to Our Community
- Give Online: Make a gift using your credit card on our website by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 31.
- Give by Phone: Call us at 319-398-5372 by 4:15 p.m. on December 29 and speak directly with a staff member.
- Give by Mail: Mail or deliver your check by 4:30 p.m. on December 31 (envelopes postmarked by December 31 will qualify as 2017 gifts).
- Give Your Time: Find local volunteer opportunities in our Holiday Volunteer Guide.
- Other Ways to Give: Learn more about how you can join the fight for our community.