Dear colleagues, neighbors, and friends:Giving our time and resources can be a personal extension of our passions, beliefs, and interests—we put much thought into how we can best share what we have with others. The experiences and interactions I’ve had are a great influence toward this decision, but in my time at United Way of East Central Iowa, I have heard countless stories from individuals on both the giving and receiving end and let me tell you, the word ‘inspiring’ doesn’t do them justice.
I have grown an appreciation and better understanding of the need and impact the United Way network has on our community. By giving to United Way, I know I am positively impacting someone as close as a friend, a neighbor, or even a family member. Someone who just needs some extra help or is struggling to make ends meet.
As you reflect on all you’re thankful for this holiday season, remember that even the smallest of gifts can make a difference for families in need. When all members of our community are given the chance to reach their full potential, we all reap the benefits. Whether a donation or volunteering your time, thank you for supporting United Way of East Central Iowa.
Happy holidays to you and yours,
Vice President of Resource Development
Give Back to Our Community
Contributions made by the below deadlines are considered tax deductible.
- Online: Make a gift online by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 31.
- Phone: Call us at 319-398-5372 by 4:15 p.m. on December 29 and speak directly with a staff member.
- Mail: Mail or deliver your check by 4:30 p.m. on December 31 (envelopes postmarked by December 31 will qualify as 2018 gifts).
- Time: Find local volunteer opportunities in our Holiday Volunteer Guide.
- Other: Learn more about additional ways you can give back to the community.