The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program helps bring millions of dollars back into our community through tax returns.
Individuals and families who earn less than $54,000 qualify for free tax preparation and filing services at VITA locations in Linn and Jones Counties. During the 2015 tax year, volunteers completed and filed state and federal income tax returns for more than 1,800 people in Linn County alone.
Get the most out of your tax refund by scheduling your appointment today! When you call 2-1-1 (or 319-739-4211 from a landline) for a VITA appointment:
- First, the 2-1-1 representative will ask your age, zip code, if there are veterans in your household, and your annual income .
- Then, they'll list locations near you and the next available appointment.
- Choose a date and time that works for you, and give them your contact information.
- Next, they'll tell you a list of forms and documents you should bring to your appointment.*
- Afterwards, you'll receive an email appointment confirmation.
*Please let 2-1-1 know in advance if you cannot make your appointment.
2-1-1 is a health and human services helpline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your call wait time depends on 2-1-1's current call volume; while 2-1-1 representatives try to answer calls as quickly as possible, some days have more callers than others.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about VITA, please contact Cliff Ehlinger at email@example.com or 319-398-5372 ext. 812.