During our two week internal campaign, staff shared what they fight for. Left to right: Tim Stiles, President & CEO; Andi Moore, Executive Assistant; and Sue Driscoll, Sr. Manager of Volunteer Engagement.
Every fall, we run our own internal workplace campaign. This year, our campaign ran October 30 through November 10. We set our fundraising goal at $23,500.
Members of our staff make up our Internal Campaign Committee. They work hard to plan our campaign and fundraise on behalf of United Way. This year's activities included:
- Campaign kickoff breakfast: Our Campaign Committee started our campaign with free breakfast and a presentation for staff.
- Jeans day stickers: Staff can purchase stickers if they want to wear jeans to work.
- Flat Ron flocking: For $2, send a cutout of former campaign chair, Ron Olson, to a coworker and write them a fun message. Staff could also buy "insurance" to prevent Ron appearing next to their desk.
- Snack cart: Employees could purchase morning and afternoon snacks as Melinda and Janelle wheeled the cart from desk to desk.
- Cutest baby contest: Staff submitted their baby photos to determine who was the cutest baby. First and second place winners Arthur and Andi received prizes.
- Time and talent silent auction: Employees bid on items during our week-long silent auction. Auction items included gift baskets, cupcakes, VIP parking spots, crafts, pet sitting, and more.
- Virtual trivia: Staff participated in a game of trivia via email. The five winners received white elephant prizes.
- Bake sale: We held a bake sale at the Human Services Campus building and at Jones County Volunteer Center.
- Human Services Campus building lunch: For $5 each, employees and visitors at the HSC building could purchase lunch consisting of walking tacos, dessert, and beverages.
A big thank you to our Internal Campaign Committee for planning and organizing all of these activities for UWECI staff. Together, we surpassed this year's goal by raising $28,868.96! Participating in our internal campaign is just one way employees show how we all live United.