Thank you to all of our companies, nonprofits, donors and volunteers for your support this year. You helped make our community better, stronger, and healthier for all of us, and we're so grateful for your generosity!
We're happy to announce that together we raised a total of $10,318,151. Not only did you help us reach and surpass our campaign goal, but also more importantly, your support made a difference to more people and improved more lives:
- One year of nutritious food for 3,346 vulnerable seniors
- Eye exams and eye glasses for approximately 50 women
- More than 100 students improve their academic performance
- 18,000 books given to low-income babies and toddlers
- 2-1-1 has helped more than 300,000 callers find assistance
- Nearly $10 million in federal tax refunds for families in our community
United Way works with its funded nonprofit partners to fill the needs in our community. You help us make the place the live, work, and play better for everyone.
Special shout out to cheerleaders from Washington High School and mascots from Kirkwood Community College, Mount Mercy University, and Coe College.
Thank you again for supporting United Way of East Central Iowa!