Tax season is well underway at our five VITA sites in Linn and Jones County! So far, VITA volunteers have completed federal and state tax returns for 700 households. These taxpayers have already received a combined $1.5 million in refunds thanks to this free service.
We still have appointments available, but slots are filling up quickly! Call 2-1-1 from a landline or 319-739-4211 from your cellphone to schedule your FREE tax appointment today.
Not sure if you qualify?
If your household income is less than $54,000, you are eligible to use VITA’s services.
What should you bring to your FREE tax appointment?
When you arrive at a VITA site, our friendly, IRS-certified volunteers will need to see:
- Proper identification including your photo ID and a social security card for all individuals who will be included on your tax return
- All wage and income documents
- Any college expenses and scholarships
- Bank routing information
- Health insurance documentation
- Last year’s federal and state tax returns
- And other documents as they apply to your situation. When you call 2-1-1 to schedule your appointment, the operator will make sure you know exactly what to bring with you!
Remember, the filing deadline for tax returns is Monday, April 18. Spots are limited, so we hope to see you at a VITA site soon!