Here’s why giving back to the nonprofit community matters as the year comes to a close.
Did you know that more than 25% of all charitable contributions are made during the month of December? The end of the year is a very busy time for nonprofits, and we are no exception. And now more than ever, we need your support to continue serving our community.
Here are five reasons to make a year-end charitable donation.
- It boosts your mood. We could all use a little extra cheer this year! Studies have found that donating money increases people’s happiness more than spending it on themselves.
- You know your donations will do future good deeds. Most people generally want to make the world a better place, and all organizations appreciate whatever donations are made. Don’t worry if you don’t have millions or thousands to give, either—even small donations can go a long way.
- End of year giving = tax benefits. Getting a tax deduction because of a charitable donation means your taxable income will be reduced in 2020. Any donation counts as long as it’s made online or postmarked by December 31. It counts toward the 2020 tax year.
- Your employer may match your donation. Check with your employer to see if they have an employee gift match program. Gift matching allows your donation to go further with the nonprofit of your choice.
- Your gift stays local. Giving to area nonprofits means you’re positively impacting local people who may need services. When you give to United Way of East Central Iowa (UWECI), your contribution stays in our community and goes back to improving the lives of your neighbors.
Here are some ways you can wrap up your year with UWECI: